Document revision: 2022-08-15
Refers to WEBDLG2 version: PE83-2207080 (beta version 57)
Table of contents
We are pleased to welcome you to Eloquence WEBDLG2, the new web browser
interface for Eloquence DLG providing complete JDLG object and attribute
WEBDLG2 allows to use Eloquence DLG applications from any computer or
mobile device, no additional software installation required.
This is a beta version, intended for test and evaluation use.
It may not meet the release criteria for quality or performance.
Downloading and installing the software indicates your agreement
to the beta test terms and conditions.
We appreciate and hope for your feedback. Please send your feedback to the
Thank you very much.
The Eloquence Team
WEBDLG2 offers the following improvements over its predecessor, WEBDLG v1:
- WEBDLG2 provides complete JDLG 2.0 object and attribute compatibility.
- WEBDLG2 uses the WebSocket technology to implement a fast bidirectional
low latency communication. WEBDLG2 provides the lowest possible
application response times even under wide area network conditions.
- Dialogs are fully dynamic, the HTML document is updated in place and
never reloaded. Applications can update the user interface at any time
so that, for example, DLG DRAW now works as expected.
- WEBDLG2 uses a single server process, the
eloqwebd2 server. The WEBDLG v1
mod_eloq Apache httpd web server module is no longer used,
which removes the related complexities and performance bottlenecks.
- WEBDLG2 implements new DLG features to allow applications to support
different screen sizes. For example, Dialogs may be configured to
show reduced content if an application is run on a mobile device.
- The eloqwebd2 server provides an
internal web server to serve static
documents, typically eliminating the need to configure and run a
separate web server, e.g., Apache httpd.
Limitations of the current WEBDLG2 version:
Web browser compatibility
and CSS functionality. It is compatible with any recent web browser,
including Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.
|Web browser ||Min. version|
|Safari ||11 (macOS 10.11 El Capitan, iOS/iPadOS 11)|
Beta version 57 (PE83-2207080):
- Fixed URI pattern matching priority issues. Handler=App and
Handler=Status patterns were not always matched in the intended
- Fixed temporary directory permission problems on HP-UX and Linux when
starting the eloqwebd2 server in foreground using different operating
system user accounts.
- Fixed TLS certificate error reporting.
Beta version 56 (PE83-2207050):
- Fixed TLSCertChainFile and/or TLSCertKeyFile access denied errors on
HP-UX and Linux when the certificate and/or private key files are read
protected, e.g., root-readable only.
- Fixed TLS setup errors when TLSCertKeyFile is configured, i.e., when
the private key is located in a separate file.
Beta version 55 (PE83-2206300):
Beta version 54 (PE83-2205310):
- ListBoxHeader fixed numeric format percentage display.
- ListBoxHeader fixed date format, separators were ignored.
- Revised browser compatibility.
Beta test agreement
Marxmeier Software AG
Eloquence Beta Test Agreement
This Agreement is entered into based upon the following facts:
* Marxmeier authorizes the release of certain products to be used
in a user environment for the purpose of testing the products; and
* Marxmeier desires to obtain data from USER relating to the use of
certain products in a user environment; and
* USER is willing to use such products and understands that these
products have not completed Marxmeier's full quality assurance; and
* USER is willing to use such products, evaluate them and report on
their operation to Marxmeier; and
* USER is willing to rely on his own expertise and test results for
suitability for any USER purpose.
THEREFORE, the parties agree as follows:
Marxmeier makes the products listed in Exhibit A ("products") available
to USER at no charge. In consideration therefore, USER installs and
uses said products and provides Marxmeier with status reports on the
products' operation, especially any defects and limitations encountered
in testing. Marxmeier does not guarantee that the products are free of
design errors and product bugs.
Please direct all communications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Limitation of Liability
MARXMEIER MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. MARXMEIER
SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH REGARD TO THE PRODUCTS.
USER represents it will solely rely on its own expertise and test
evaluations prior to installing the products on any productive
machines or using the products for any USER purpose.
USER agrees that Marxmeier shall not be responsible for any loss or
damage to USER, its customers or any third parties caused by failure
of the products furnished hereunder to function or failure of Marxmeier
to deliver any of the products. MARXMEIER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER
BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, IN CONNECTION WITH
OR ARISING OUT OF THE FURNISHING, PERFORMANCE OR USE OF THE PRODUCTS
While Marxmeier fully intends to release for general sale the products
covered by this Agreement as currently defined, Marxmeier reserves the
right at any time to alter the features, specifications, capabilities,
functions, manufacturing release dates, general availability, etc. of
DOWNLOADING AND/OR INSTALLING THE PRODUCT INDICATES YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO
THIS BETA TEST AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, DON'T DOWNLOAD AND/OR
INSTALL THE BETA TEST SOFTWARE.
The following products are covered:
Eloquence B.08.30 alpha/beta test releases
Eloquence B.08.30 enhancements alpha/beta test releases