eloqcore is used to execute Eloquence language programs.
usage: eloq [options] [program]
-help = Show usage (this list)
-r[ecord] file = record user action
-p[lay] file = playback recorded user action
-b[ackground] = force background processing
-n[otask] = disable task processing
-dlg driver = set driver
-t[race][level] = trace execution on stderr
0 = trace lines (default)
1 = trace explicit assignments
2 = trace all assignments
-taskid taskid = set taskid
-sfa = activate SFA processing
-nb|-q[uiet] = suppress banner
If no program name is specified, the Eloquence language runtime
starts interactively in a text based environment.
Specifying a program name will execute the program and then
exit the language runtime.
The options are:
Either eloq or eloqcore may be used to start the language runtime.
eloq is an interface to eloqcore adding task support.
- The -help option displays a brief help text.
- -r[ecord] file name
- Records every keyboard action performed by the user, and stores
it in the specified file. Task switching is disabled in this mode.
- -p[lay] file name
- Plays back the keyboard action in the specified file, previously
recorded using -r file name. Task switching is disabled in this mode.
- Suppresses terminal output from a program. It is useful when running
a program in background. Task switching is disabled in this mode.
- -t[race] [level]
- Causes a trace to be performed on the specified program. If no
program name is specified, a trace is performed on any program run
in the Eloquence environment. Levels available are
- 0 (default) = trace lines,
- 1 = trace explicit assignments,
- 2 = trace all assignments.
- Do not enable task switching.
- -taskid #
- Causes the primary eloqcore to use the specified task id.
- Enables SFA mode (profiling). If enabled, utilization information
is collected and saved during runtime which may be analyzed with
the sfarpt utility.
- Suppress banner message.
- -dlg server
- Connect to the specified dlg server.
- Enable NLN mode.
- The -debug option enables debugging messages and is normally not used.
eloq.config config file
Eloquence language manual