The dbcreate utility is used to create a database after defining its schema with
the schema or dbschema utilities. Before Eloquence B.08.20, the schema processor
only saved the meta information in the database server catalog and did not allocate
any resources for the dataset storage, so dbcreate was a separate step.
usage: dbcreate [options] database
-help - show usage (this list)
-u user - set user name
-p pswd - set password
-d flgs - debug flags
The options are:
- The -help option displays a brief help text.
- -u user
- The -u option specifies the database user (or a file
holding the database user and/or password).
Defaults to the dba user unless a default user is
specified with the EQ_DBUSER
- -p password
- The -p option may be used to specify the password
for the database user (or a file holding the password).
If not specified, the password is obtained using the
- -d flags
- The -d option specifies debug flags and is normally not used.
- As of Eloquence B.08.20 the dbcreate step is no longer required. A successful
run of schema or dbschema also performs the corresponding resource allocation.