2 Installing Eloquence on the HP-UX platform
This chapter describes the installation of the Eloquence product on the HP-UX platform, the configuration of the HP-UX operating system and the configuration of the Eloquence software on HP-UX.
Please read the Eloquence release notes before installing or upgrating Eloquence as the release notes may include additional or more recent information.
Eloquence B.07.00 on the HP-UX platform requires the following HP-UX versions:
Eloquence B.07.00 provides different versions for HP-UX based systems:
- HP-UX 10.20 on PA-RISC based systems (HP9000 server)
- HP-UX 11.23 in Itanium based systems (HP Integrity server)
NOTE: You may use SAM to identify the CPU in your HP-UX system. Please select the Performance Monitors -> System Properties function. If the "CPU version" specifies PA 8000 or greater you have a PA-RISC 2.0 based system. A PA 7XXX CPU designates a PA-RISC 1.1 based system.
- PA-RISC 1.1 (PA11) based systems. This build is compatible with all PA-RISC based systems and should be used for older HP9000 systems.
- PA-RISC 2.0 (PA20) based systems. This build should be used with all recent PA-RISC based HP9000 systems.
- Itanium2 (IA64) based systems
Updating from previous Eloquence versions
If you are updating from a previous Eloquence revision, there are some special considerations which should be taken into.
- The Eloquence configuration files may have changed. You may want to consider conparing the Eloquence configuration files with the template configuration files.
- When using the Eloquence Personal Edition license you may need to copy the template license file manually.
- Please note, that the HP-UX kernel configuration requirements have changed from previous Eloquence revisions.
Eloquence Installation and Configuration - 29 OCT 2004