4 Installing Eloquence on the Linux platform
Configuring the User Environment
There are two files where the user environment can be configured:
Perform the following steps:
- The environment defined in /etc/profile affects all users.
- The file .profile located in a user's home directory configures the user-specific environment.
- In order to make Eloquence executables accessible to all users, please edit the file
/etc/profile. Search for a line containing the directive PATH= and append
- If you want to make Eloquence executables accessible only to specific users, edit the .profile files in the appropriate home directories and append
:/opt/eloquence6/tools to the PATH= directive.
- Make sure that the terminal type is configured properly for all users.
- Make your configuration changes active. This is done by logging off and back on again.
Eloquence Installation and Configuration - 29 OCT 2004