2 Installing Eloquence on the HP-UX platform
Configuring the User Environment
There are two files where the user environment can be configured:
Perform the following steps:
- The environment defined in /etc/profile affects all users.
- The file .profile located in a user's home directory configures the user-specific environment.
* This step is already done during software installation. The installation script automatically adds /opt/eloquence6/bin to the global path configuration file /etc/PATH.
- Make the Eloquence executables accessible:
- Make sure that the terminal type is configured properly for all users. Normally, /etc/profile provides a mechanism that automatically detects the terminal type and sets the TERM= environment variable appropriately.
- Make your configuration changes active. This is done by logging off and back on again.
Eloquence Installation and Configuration - 29 OCT 2004