Eloquence is a well integrated development and runtime environment
which significantly improves productivity. Developers can easily
design and implement complex business applications or customize
existing programs on the fly. Since Eloquence was released in 1990,
thousands of installations have confirmed this.
Software partners in many parts of the world appreciate Eloquence
as a powerful, reliable and flexible means for cost-effective
development, execution, customization and maintenance of commercial
applications. A host of features, not found in such a combination in
other development and run-time environments, makes Eloquence unique
and well suited to virtually all data processing tasks.
The TurboIMAGE compatibility extension opens up an easy, cost-effective
migration path for HP e3000 business applications. The Eloquence
database offers compatibility beyond intrinsics and allows migration
of HP e3000 applications with typically no effort. Database migration
is just a matter of data export and data import.
Eloquence provides a powerful programming environment with an
integrated database, optimised for high performance requirements
of commercial applications. Eloquence supports a wide range of
environments, ranging from simple ASCII terminals to graphical
client/server environments. Business applications based on Eloquence
support a range from single user to hundreds of concurrent users
and work with databases above 20 Gigabytes.
The Eloquence product includes:
The Interactive Development Environment (IDE) on Windows, a
fully featured graphical development environment
- Program editor with integrated syntax checking and syntax
coloring with multiple windows and views
- Integrated compiler
- Integrated source code debugger with support for debugging on
- Integrated on-line help
- Integrated Dialog Editor
The Standard Development Environment (text based) on HP-UX, Linux
- Full screen program editor with built-in syntax checking
- Integrated compiler
- Integrated debugger
The Eloquence programming language
- Comfortable syntax - easy to understand and easy to work with.
Based on HP Business Basic.
- Object oriented elements
- Full integration of Database Management System
- Remote graphical user interfaces handle dialogs in a network
- REPORT WRITER building blocks. Create, edit and run reports.
- FORMS GENERATOR - create, modify and print forms for character
based user interfaces.
- Operating system interface - execute OS commands within
- 'C' language interface
DBMS - Database Management System
- Based on IMAGE
- Read/write access to the Eloquence database from Eloquence
and other programming languages
- Client/Server technology
- Transparent local and remote database access
- Integrated online backup
- Minimized database maintenance requirements
- UTILITIES - a comprehensive suite of database utilities,
including database restructuring and web based status monitoring
- QUERY - easy-to-use interface to access database contents
TurboIMAGE compatibility extension (with separate license)
- Access from migrated HP e3000 TurboIMAGE applications to
the Eloquence DBMS
- MPE data base migration tools
ODBC driver (available as a separate product)
Graphical User Interface options
- Web based dialog interface
- Java based dialog interface
- Windows based dialog interface
Online Documentation (HTML and PDF format)
Upwards compatibility to previous Eloquence versions
Eloquence has a client/server architecture with
the following core components and supported platforms:
Eloquence Database Server:
HP-UX, Linux, Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista
HP-UX, Linux, Windows
Interactive development environment on Windows
Eloquence Database Server and Workstation are also fully
supported on Itanium servers (HP-UX and Linux).
An Eloquence license is required for each server system.
Two licensing models are available:
In order to use the Eloquence TurboIMAGE compatibility extension
the corresponding 3k options must be ordered.
- The product option AH0 provides an unlimited user license for
a single system.
- The product option 000 provides a two user entry license
for a single system.
Additional user licenses can be added (at any time) as required.
The Eloquence Personal Edition license option provides
a fully functional version of the Eloquence product with a
permanent license at no cost for
It is restricted to a maximum of 2 concurrent users and a database size
of 50 MB.
All components for the HP-UX, Linux and Windows platforms are included in
the product (and on the CD-ROM media) and may be used concurrently.
For information about prices and for orders please contact:
The Eloquence product information is available for download in Adobe
Eloquence is supported through Marxmeier Software AG and Support
Access to technical support and the right to use the latest product
versions requires an appropriate support contract.