5 Database Utilities
The dbvolextend utility
The Eloquence databases are stored in a database environment. This environment consists of database volume files and a server configuration. This database
environment must be created before the Eloquence database server can be
started.The database environment is initialized with the dbvolcreate command.
The dbvolextend statement is used to extend the database environment with additional volume files. The most common usage of dbvolextend is to create the mandantory log volume for the database environment.
dbvolextend [options] volume_file_name
- Specifying the -v option will cause dbvolextend to output additional information during processing.
- -d flags
- Set debug flags. This is used to debug dbvolextend and is normally not used.
- -c cfg
- Specifies the server configuration file name.
- -t log
- Create a data log volume. The default volume type is data volume.
- -s size
- Initial size (in MB) of the volume to be created.The default size is 2.5 MB (which is also the minimum size)
- -e size
- Extension size (in MB). When the volume is getting full it will be extended of size MB. If size is 0, the volume will not be extended automatically by the server. The default size is 1 MB.
- -m size
- Maximum volume size (in MB).
- The volume will be created with this name.
Eloquence Database Manual - 19 DEC 2002