Eloquence A.05.12 Release Notes
The following topics are covered by this document:
Eloquence A.05.12 is mostly a problem fixing release.
- As the new Eloquence A.06.00 release, Eloquence A.05.12 does
now support user licensing.
- IMAGE format handling improved
When the enviroment variable EQ_USE_NLS is defined, the Eloquence
IMAGE format handling is performed slightly different.
When activated, the "R" and "P" formats no longer return a hard-coded
decimal point or comma but use the values provided by the locale
environment (LC_NUMERIC). This makes it possible to use the same
set of IMAGE formats for a multi-locale program.
PRINT USING "3DP3DR2D";1234.5
When EQ_USE_NLS is not set, this returns " 1.234,50".
When activated, using the de_DE locale it results in " 1.234,50",
using the en_US locale it results in " 1,234.50".
- PAGE LENGTH statement
The PAGE LENGTH statement provides an additional option.
The new syntax is:
PAGE LENGTH Lines [,Top[,Botm]][;Option]
When option is nonzero, a formfeed character (CHR$(12)) is printed
to eject the page instead of counting line feed characters.
This will use the configured printer page length to determine
- The DATE$ function would return a wrong date format beginning with
year 2000. DATE$ has been fixed to still return a two digit year
after year 2000. (W3665082)
- The HP-UX 10.x startup script is now able to start the eloqnd server.
In order to configure the eloqnd server for automatic startup,
you need to add the START_ELOQND=1 configuration variable in the
startup configuration file /etc/rc.config.d/eloquence.
Alternativly, you can copy the new startup configuration template
/etc/rc.config.d/eloquence and edit it according to your requirements.
- The Eloquence schema processor could abort with a core dump on
an invalid schema file. (W3681153).
- PRINTER IS TTY locks /dev/tty.
The PRINTER IS TTY and PRINTER IS CONSOLE statements were locking
the /dev/tty and /dev/syscon device files. (A4495876)
- SORT BY could result in wrong order, depending on the collating
- Eloqdb.dll has been fixed. Predicate locking and unlocking did not
work properly (W3608031).
- eloqnd has been fixed. It did not handle DBUNLOCK properly.
- fixed compatibility problem in eloqdb.h with K&R C compiler.
- The current DLGSRV.EXE has been built using the Dialog Manager
runtime library version 3.06c. This fixes all known bugs concerning
modular dialog files and memory/resource leaks. Using modular dialog
files should now work as expected.
- The DLGSRV.EXE multitasking concurrency behavior has been improved
significantly. Previous DLGSRV versions have been using
'busy-waiting' on inactivity (they permanently polled for network
and/or dialog events). This did not really affect the 16bit Windows
'cooperative multitasking' mechanism, but caused considerable load
on preemptive multitasking systems.
- rlogin on HP-UX 10.20 could cause softkeys not functioning.
As a workaround, you should use telnet instead.
This problem is caused by HP-UX 10.20 which relies on streams to
implement rlogin. However streams tty emulation is not fully compatible.
Last update: 97/04/30