Eloquence Language Manual
10 Matrix Operations
This chapter describes the operations which can be performed on entire arrays. Some of the operations are used exclusively with matrix or vector arrays.
A matrix is a two-dimensional array. A vector is a one-dimensional array. Matrices and vectors are defined the same as other arrays.
These matrix statements and functions are described in this chapter:
- MAT READ and MAT READ#
- Copy values to the array.
- MAT PRINT and MAT PRINT#
- Write values from the array.
- MAT INPUT, MAT . . . CON, MAT . . . ZER and MAT-initialize
- Assign values to the array.
- Arithmetic operations are performed on the entire array.
- Returns the sum of all elements of the array.
- Returns the number of rows in the array.
- Returns the number of columns in the array.
- MAT . . . CSUM
- Finds the sum of all columns of the matrix.
- MAT . . . RSUM
- Finds the sum of all rows of the matrix.
- Redimensioning Arrays
- Reading and Printing Arrays
- Assigning Values to Arrays
- Arithmetic Operations
- Array Functions
- Matrix Operations
Eloquence Language Manual - 19 DEC 2002